NAV Fund Administration Group, a fund administrator headquartered in Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois, seeks a highly motivated Paralegal/Commercial Contracts Manager.
Job summary and responsibilities:
- Prepares draft client service agreements, non-disclosure agreements and other contracts using agreement templates and a library of approved provisions.
- Fields questions from various internal and external stakeholders regarding agreement terms.
- Suggests and negotiates edits to agreements by redlining and discussions with legal counsel as well as internal and external stakeholders.
- Manages the contracts lifecycle process for all agreements reviewed by the legal team.
- Maintains effective and supportive communication with counterparties as needed as well as internal stakeholders, including business development, marketing and operations.
- Actively contributes to initiatives to improve contracting processes and tools.
- Maintains templates, drafts and executed agreements.
- Assists with legal research and template revisions as needed.
- Prepares metrics and presentations regarding contract volume and process efficiency.
- Possesses good working knowledge of administration services provided to private fund clients.
- Completes other legal assignments, projects, and administrative duties as assigned, including research regarding expansion of services in foreign jurisdictions, U.S. and international data privacy laws, anti-money laundering laws, and preparing corporate documents.
Required minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3-5 years of contract negotiation work experience.
- Good working knowledge of common commercial agreements, clauses and contracting practices.
- Proven ability to build rapport and converse with diverse constituencies.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, including speaking, writing, presenting, listening and negotiating with accounting, legal and business professionals.
- Proven ability to multi-task, such as managing multiple agreements in parallel in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated initiative, versatility, and accuracy in the performance of work product.
- Must have an excellent record of dependability, availability, attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to independently follow through on issues, tasks and projects with general supervision.
- In depth experience with Word, Excel, and electronic signature programs.
- Must be willing to work in Oakbrook Terrace, IL office 4 days/week.
- A paralegal degree or certificate, or advanced degree in accounting or law.
- Prior work in the financial services industry, including for a fund administrator or hedge fund.
- Basic knowledge of fund accounting and registrar and transfer agency services.
- Interesting work in a collegial environment for a growing company
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer contributing 3% of base salary per year
- Profit sharing plan