NAV is seeking an experienced senior manager—with financial accounting experience working on hedge funds and other alternative investment vehicles—for a position based at our Oakbrook Terrace offices to review fund accounting, manage existing client relationships and work with prospective clients on business development. NAV requires a minimum of 10 years of fund accounting experience, preferably in the role of a senior manager at a hedge fund administrator or an audit firm.
Responsibilities of the accounting professional in this role will include:
- Supervising and managing daily and monthly accounting operations within a portfolio of assigned client relationships.
- Ensuring overall client satisfaction by facilitating efforts of the assigned servicing team, coordinating resources to ensure timely delivery and issue resolution, and effectively communicating client concerns and requirements to appropriate managers and teams within NAV.
- Cultivating strong working relationships with client contacts. Demonstrated ability to add value with a consultative approach, by anticipating client needs and possible solutions, and partnering with the client for implementation steps.
- Applying technical expertise in fund accounting to set delivery standards for the combined accounting and transfer agent function of the Administrator.
- Fostering an environment based on professional principles and concepts, aligning both business strategy with specific team objectives.
- Supervise critical data reconciliation, the quality of accounting reports, risk and attribution reporting, and reliability and accuracy of financial statements. Implementing practices and procedures for reviewing and verifying accounting reports, their supporting documents, and reporting formats to ensure completeness of input data.
- Manage workflow between external clients and the NAV Backoffice Operations Centre to generate deliverables within daily and monthly accounting (especially client questions and client processes) specifically to satisfy unique client requirements.
- Review of compliance and regulatory filings (NFA CPO PQR, SEC Form PF filings, FATCA/CRS) on both a quarterly and annual basis.
- Communicate with fund auditors to resolve accounting questions and to prepare draft audited financial statement in accordance with IFRS and IAS, or US GAAP as needed.
- Help clients and investors using NAV’s web reporting platform for analytical reports, including breakout and portfolio data to meet specific expectations at the end user level.
- Review fund (pool) formation and offering documents including trading advisory agreements, paying special attention to the accounting provisions to identify and communicate any suggested changes for clients, and verifying accounting methodology disclosed or utilized for fees calculations and expense booking at both the fund and investor levels for all kinds of fund structures.
- Conceptualize and develop protocols for secure file transmission between a client and NAV to ensure data security and confidentiality both within the organization as well as with the external senders and recipients.
- Cross-sell NAV services to existing and prospective clients, and also participate in development of solutions to meet client needs.
- Coordinate presentations, introduce NAV experts when appropriate, close sales wherever possible, and ensure smooth delivery of new services.
- Conduct demos of proprietary fund accounting and transfer agent systems, also our web portal, and other NAV applications.
- Prepare proposals and service agreements.